Human Resource Services

How to File a Claim

Report all workplace injuries to your Supervisor immediately and seek medical treatment if needed.

Supervisor must complete:

  1. On-line Incident Report Form.
  2. Supervisor's Accident Investigation Report, if:
      • The employee receives medical treatment.
      • The employee is unable to work the next full or subsequent shift(s) as a result of an injury or illness.
      • Events and conditions involving a near miss or minor accident indicate the most likely injury or illness would have been serious.

Employee must complete:

  1. Report of Industrial Injury or Occupational Disease: This form is completed by the employee and the medical provider at the time of treatment.
  2. Witness/Injured Person Statement (Optional)


Timing is everything: WSU Policy requires that all (major and minor) injuries be reported within twenty-four (24) hours.

Prompt reporting eliminates delays in benefits to employees. For Injuries that occur over the weekend or after regular business hours (Monday thru Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM), reports should be completed and sent to our office the next regular working day after the accident. Please call 509-335-1760 to let us know about the injury and that the report is on the way.



Human Resource Services, PO Box 641014, Pullman WA 99164-1014, 509-335-4521, Contact Us