Washington State University (WSU) strives to advance, extend and apply knowledge and is committed to its land-grant heritage and tradition of service to society.
As one of the nation's top public research institutions, WSU stands among 96 U.S. public and private universities with very high research activity, according to the Carnegie Foundation classification.
Our faculty and staff have come from all over the globe to become a part of this community.
The university offers career opportunities in an incredible array of fields in the following job categories.
Administrative Professional positions perform administrative, managerial, and professional duties. These positions are exempt from coverage of the state of Washington Civil Service System.
Classified staff (Civil Service and Bargaining Unit covered) positions are located throughout WSU in all career fields. Performing a wide range of job duties, classified staff are key contributors to the university's day-to-day operations and overall success.
Faculty positions at WSU include academic faculty, extension faculty, library faculty, research faculty, and student affairs faculty. Positions are located throughout the university campuses and at WSU Extension offices throughout the state.
Temporary/hourly positions are generally short-term job opportunities paid on a hourly basis. These may be student or non-student positions.
Visit wsujobs.com to view and apply for current openings.
Benefits and Programs
The university offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of its employees including health care and dental care options, retirement plans, long-term disability insurance, paid time off, professional development and a host of work/life quality programs.
- Annual Leave | Eligible employees accrue 8.00 hours to 14.67 hours per month depending upon job type and length of service
- Sick Leave | Eligible employees accrue 8.00 hours of sick leave per month
- Other Leave | Additional leave programs are available for eligible employees such as bereavement, civil, emergency, military, professional and shared leave.
- Holidays | Eligible employees enjoy up to 10 paid holiday per year with some variation in certain work sites, plus 1 personal holiday per year
- Tuition Waiver | Eligible employees may apply for a tuition waiver for many academic classes offered on campus
- WSU Online Training System | Provides access to professional development online courses and online books
- WSU Instructor-Led Training | In-person university training offerings and professional development opportunities