Washington State University values the safety, health, and well being of all our employees. It is WSU’s policy to provide safe and healthful working conditions in all operations and to follow the laws and regulations associated with the safety and health of our employees.
We believe that safety is the responsibility of each and every employee, regardless of position. Our ultimate goal is to eliminate all work-related injuries and illnesses so that our employees can continue to further the Strategic Plan of this University.
If a work-related injury or illness does occur, we will do our very best to minimize the negative impact on the employee and to facilitate a return to work program as soon as possible. To accomplish this we will:
- Ensure that the employee has immediate medical attention.
- Require WSU Incident Reports are submitted within 24 hours of the incident date.
- Assist the employee and department in the return to work process if necessary.
- Make every effort to minimize the cost of the injury or illness to the university.
- Assist the employee in understanding the worker’s compensation system, answer all questions and provide all pertinent information.
We will provide these services in a professional and caring manner, and will work with each and every employee to manage their occupational injury.