Washington State University values the safety, health and wellbeing of all our employees. WSU is committed to providing safe and healthful working conditions in all operations and to follow the laws and regulations associated with the safety and health of our employees.
We believe that safety is the responsibility of each and every employee. Our ultimate goal is to work collaboratively to eliminate work-related injuries and illnesses.
If however, a work-related injury or illness occurs, we will do our best to facilitate an efficient and effective process. To accomplish this the University will, in accordance with policy:
- Address an employee's need for immediate medical attention.
- Require WSU Incident Reports be submitted within 24 hours of the incident.
- Assist the employee and department in the return to work process if necessary.
- Assist the employee in understanding the worker’s compensation system, answer questions and provide pertinent information.
- Make every effort to minimize the cost of the injury or illness to the University.