M. Peter Scontrino, Ph.D.
The consultants at Scontrino-Powell exist to help leaders engage and inspire employees. Everything we do focuses on bringing this fundamental belief to life. We know that when workers are engaged and inspired, they pour their energy into something they believe in, rather than merely putting in time to get a paycheck.
Areas of Expertise/Results
- Executive Coaching & Leadership Development
- Change Management
- Lean Consulting & Process Improvement
- Performance Management
- Retreat Design & Facilitation
- Employee Engagement
- Executive Coach: I have worked with hundreds of leaders in universities & colleges, Fortune 100 companies, non-profit organizations, and public agencies.
- Coaching Skills: I have trained hundreds of managers and supervisors how to be more effective “coaches” so that they can help their employees reach full potential.
- Team Building: I have worked with many teams to help them be more effective through better problem solving, brainstorming, decision-making, appreciation for diversity and individual differences, and trust building.
- Process Improvement: I have helped many organizations learn and implement Lean and Continuous Process Improvement so that they can reduce waste and increase capacity.
- Performance Management: I have designed and implemented performance management systems at public and private organizations throughout the United States.
- Ph.D. in Industrial-Organizational, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- M.A. in Industrial-Organizational, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
- Senior Consultant at Scontrino-Powell
- Served on the faculties of University of Washington, Seattle University, and Seattle Pacific University
- Executive Board, Washington State Psychological Association
- Board of Trustees, Southeast Asia Fund
- Licensed Psychologist, Washington
- Certified 360-Degree Feedback Coach
- Certified flight instructor — helicopters
- University of Washington
- New Season Foods
- Association of Washington Cities
- Federal Way Public Schools
- Port of Seattle
- Multiple Washington State agencies
- Multiple Cities & Counties
- Professional Educator Standards Board
- Washington State Board of Community and Technical Colleges
- Numerous private sector clients including Starbucks, Weyerhaeuser, Microsoft, SK Food Group, and GE