In accordance with WAC 357-34, supervisory training is required for entry level supervisors.
Human Resource Services coordinates the WSU Supervisory Training Series throughout the year, but if your work location prevents reasonable access to live training sessions, you may consider these online courses as recommended alternatives.
To access a course, simply click on the course title.
NOTE: SkillSoft courses in this list do not reflect WAC’s, RCW’s, or WSU Business Policies and Procedures. Contact Human Resource Services with specific questions.
- Roles and Responsibilities of the WSU Supervisor – Online Training (1 hour)
- Introduction to Workplace Ethics (1 hour)
- Diversity on the Job: The Importance of Diversity and the Changing Workplace (1 hour)
- Performance Appraisal Essentials: Planning for Appraisals (1 hour)
- Reviewing and Rewarding Performance (1 hour)
- Essential Mentoring Techniques: Building and Maintaining Mentoring Relationships (1 hour)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (1 hour)
- Discrimination, Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct Prevention (1 hour)
- Labor Relations at WSU – Online Training (.5 hour)
Recruitment and Selection:
- WSU Staff Recruitment Basics (1 hour)
- Essentials of Interviewing and Hiring: Conducting an Effective Interview (1 hour)
- Essentials of Interviewing and Hiring: Selecting the Right Candidate (1 hour)