Wallace Wilkins, Ph.D.
The consultants at Scontrino-Powell exist to help leaders engage and inspire employees. Everything we do focuses on bringing this fundamental belief to life. We know that when workers are engaged and inspired, they pour their energy into something they believe in, rather than merely putting in time to get a paycheck.
Areas of Expertise/Results
- Conflict Mediation & Prevention
- Executive Coaching, Leadership Development
- Developing Resilience
- Anger Abatement
- Employee Engagement
- Workshops, Seminars, Keynotes
- Stress Prevention
- Positive Communication for Positive Results
- Navigating Turmoil with Minimal Distress
- University Faculty Experience. I understand the operations of universities from the inside. My first 16 years postdoctoral were in universities where I taught graduate and undergraduate courses, conducted research on behavior change, served as program administrator, received accreditations and secured training grants. I also have over 40 publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Leadership Coaching. I provide developmental coaching to enhance the positive qualities of leaders, remedial coaching to reduce or eliminate negative habits and conflict coaching to resolve and prevent workplace disputes. I consult with you about your sensitive, personnel issues—and how to improve your workplace culture.
- Skill-Building Workshops. I have conducted well-received seminars regionally, nationally and internationally. My highly interactive workshops were invited at the World Conference of the Employee Assistance Professionals Association, the Global Congress of the Project Management Institute, as well as UW’s Cascade Center for Executive Development.
- Comprehensive Consultation. I was selected as the sole consultant for a large organization with a hostile work culture. My multiple, coordinated activities included mediating conflicts, one-on-one coaching for angry/disruptive professionals, skill-building workshops for leaders and staff, and consultations with upper administration to improve the culture.
- Ph.D., University of Washington, Psychology, 1970
- B.S., University of Washington, Psychology, 1966
- Master Trainer, Mediation Training Institute
- UW Evans School, Cascade Center for Executive Development
- WA Department of Natural Resources
- Washington Counties Risk Pool
- Washington Department of Corrections
- Mid-Columbia Libraries, Kennewick WAGE Capital
- Kadlec Regional Medical Center
- Association of Washington Cities
- Employee Assistance Professionals Association
- King Conservation District
- UW Valley Medical Center
- Project Management Institute