Practice Good Hygiene to Help Prevent COVID-19 Spread
We all have a role to play in keeping students, faculty, staff and our communities healthy and safe. You can help by staying informed and practicing good hygiene. The CDC recommends taking the following steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces.
- Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill.
Visit the CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention and Treatment site for additional details.
The state Department of Health has established a call center to address questions from the public. If you have questions about what is happening in Washington, how the virus is spread, and what to do if you have symptoms, please call 1-800-525-0127 and press #. (Note that at times the hotline experiences high traffic and may be temporarily unavailable.)
Employee Assistance Program
- WA Higher Education Facilities Information for Administrators and Employees
- State of WA Department of Health
- State of WA Local Health Districts
- Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
- State of Oregon Health Authority
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center
- Reducing stigma during disease outbreaks
- President Schulz’s March 2, 2020 Communication
Dealing with Anxiety
- Coping with Stress During an Infectious Disease Outbreak
- How to Talk to Your Kids About the Coronavirus
- Dealing with Coronavirus Anxiety
This information is not intended to be all-encompassing and should not be considered to be providing medical or legal advice. In all instances, you should consult with a relevant expert for guidance specific to your circumstances.