Review and Evaluation
Annual review or performance evaluation is a tool used to document an employee’s strengths and identify areas for future growth, as well as, to communicate organizational goals and objectives.
- Review Performance Management Evaluations (BPPM 60.55) for an overview of the performance management policy at WSU.
- Employees whose positions are covered by a Collective Bargaining Agreement should refer to their contract.
- Read the Provost’s memo regarding the annual review process for the 2014 calendar year.
The performance of Administrative Professional employees is reviewed on the calendar (January – December) year basis.
- See the Administrative Professional Handbook for more detailed information regarding the annual review process.
- Departments can use the AP annual review forms for completing Administrative Professional annual reviews, and can use the WSU Online Review and Query System (WORQS).
The performance of Civil Service employees is reviewed according to the employee’s Periodic Increment Date (PID). The review period can be changed by mutual agreement of the supervisor and the employee.
- Refer to the Washington Administrative Code section on Performance Management (WAC 357-37) for more information regarding performance management of Civil Service employees.
- Departments can use the Employee Performance Evaluation form for completing Civil Service employee annual reviews.
Refer to the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement for information regarding evaluations.
The performance of Faculty members is reviewed on a calendar year basis (January – December).
- Refer to the Faculty Manual for details on the review of faculty.
- Visit the Provost’s website for guidelines on policies and procedures, Third Year Review, and Tenure/Promotion.
- Departments can refer to the BPPM section on Performance Management Evaluations for more information.
- Faculty may use the WSU Online Review and Query System (WORQS) for compliling annual review information.