Learning & Organizational Development
Learning & Organizational Development
The 2023 WSU Faculty & Staff Employee Engagement Survey is Coming Soon!
Before you Begin an Online Training:
Access the Best Practices – Complete WSU Custom On-Demand Trainings – Job Aid
Log On and Learn
Administrative Roles: Learning Administrators
Utilize key functions like running reports and assigning content
New to WSU?
Visit the New Employee Onboarding page to access important information and resources as a new employee.
Skillsoft Percipio & Featured Learning Opportunities
You must log in to your Online Learning Account to register for or access the courses. Click on the hyperlinks to enroll.
- Before contacting HRS LOD, please access the following resources:
- Report any issues with access or content on Skillsoft Percipio or Compliance platforms to email@example.com (please include screenshots, if possible).
Required Trainings for WSU Employees
Required (Directed) DSHSMP, Hazing Prevention, Ethics, Safety, ITS Cyber Security, for ALL WSU employees are assigned via the Compliance Platform.
*Note: The list of required trainings below are for all WSU employees. Depending on your position role and duties you may have additional required trainings. Your immediate supervisor will provide you with the information on any other required trainings for your role. Access additional information about required trainings for all WSU employees.
- Once users access the Compliance Platform, users can scroll to Search for the titles listed below, located either under the “Required” or “Optional” assignments:
- Required Compliance Assignments: displayed in order of date due.
- Optional Compliance Assignments: displayed in alphabetical order.
- Safety Training for WSU Employees Part 1 and 2 learning programs may be listed under Optional Compliance Assignments because there is no recurring completion required; however, all WSU employees must complete the trainings at least once.
- Courses listed within learning programs should/may be accessed and completed from within learning program, or directly by accessing the course title.
- Certificate of completion for a learning program/series = Certificate for each individual course in the program/series.
- Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, Sexual Misconduct Prevention – Annual Training (Required Annually after initial completion)
- Hazing Prevention Training (Required Annually after initial completion)
- Ethics in Public Service (Required Annually after initial completion)
- ITS – Cyber Security Awareness Training (Required Annually after initial completion)
- Introduction to Phishing
- Incident Reporting
- Safer Web Browsing
- Security Basics: Insider Threats
- Social Engineering
- Safety Training for WSU Employees – Part 1 (Required Once for all Employees)
- Back, Safety, and Injury Prevention
- Slips, Trips, and Falls
- Emergency and Fire Preparedness
- Safety Training for WSU Employees – Part 2 (Required Once for all Employees)
- Portable Fire Extinguisher Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment Fundamentals
- Office Ergonomics
- Asbestos Awareness
On-Demand Learning Opportunities
Select from a range of Business Skills Learning Aspire Journeys HERE
Employee Assistance Program
- Instructor-Led Sessions (for WSU staff and faculty):
- Live Webinars
- Breaking the Burnout Cycle
- Transitioning into the New Work Life: Strategies for Responding to Change
- Transitioning into the New Work Life: Creating Psychological Safety in Work Teams
- On Demand Webinars
- Leading the Human Side of Change
- Navigating Change in Challenging Times
EAP offers a variety of webinars on self care, COVID-19, change management, and other related topics to support emotional and mental health and wellbeing. Register for an upcoming live session or view a pre-recorded session on-demand. Sessions are added regularly.
You can also view the “Self-Care with the Washington State EAP” webinar recording on the WSU HRS Learning & Organizational Development YouTube.
University supervisors may release employees from normal work duties to attend training programs which promote professional development or improve jobs skills. An employee may take any amount of supervisor directed training, and an eligible full-time employee may use up to 96 hours of release time per fiscal year. An eligible part-time employee may use hours of release time prorated according to their FTE percentage.