Learning & Organizational Development
Log On and Learn
Over 3,500 interactive online courses and over 25,000 online books are available to WSU employees. Interested in a book on communication skills? Taking a leadership simulation? You can get it all online.
Learning From Anywhere
Looking for learning opportunities? Check out the quick reference for various learning opportunities available through WSU and partners. Let your imagination flow!
Featured Learning Opportunities
You must log in to your Online Learning Account to register for or access the courses. Click on the hyperlinks to enroll.
Announcing the Newest Course in the Community & Equity Certificate Program
- Inclusive Pedagogy
- Feb 24th, Mar 31st, Apr 28th
Additional Community & Equity Certificate Program Courses
- Community and Equity 101
- Feb 9th, Feb 16th, Mar 9th, Apr 13th, May 4th, May 25th
- Community and Equity 102
- Feb 10th, Mar 10th, Apr 27th
- Community and Equity 103
- Feb 2nd, Mar 2nd, Apr 6th
- Building a Community of Respect
- Jan 26th, Feb 22nd, Mar 15th, Apr 19th
- Building Coalitions Across Great Divides
- Feb 17th, Mar 10th, Mar 31st, Apr 14th
- Conversations on Implicit Bias
- Jan 26th, Apr 27th
- International Cultures and Teams
- Feb 9th, Apr 13th
- LGBTQ+ Ally Training
- Mar 31st
- UndocuAlly Training
- Feb 11th, Mar 4th, Apr 15th, May 6th
Supervisory & Developing Leader Learning Programs – Spring 2022 ILT Sessions
- Corrective Action and Discipline Process
- Feb 23rd, Apr 20th
- Emotional Intelligence
- Feb 21st, Jun 8th
- Equal Opportunity Issues for Supervisors
- Feb 7th, Mar 23rd
- Position Descriptions, Expectations, and Performance Evaluations
- May 10th
- Supervisor as Leader
- Mar 3rd, May 5th
- Supervisory Roundtable Discussions: Performance Management Issues
- Feb 22nd
- Supervisory Roundtable Discussions: Recruitment and Hiring Issues
- Mar 23rd
- Understanding and Managing Leave
- Feb 24th, Apr 26th
- Understanding the University Operating Budget
- Mar 3rd, Apr 20th, Jun 2nd
On-Demand Learning Opportunities
- Cross-Cultural Communication
- Managing Conflict in the Workplace
- Managing a Multigenerational Workforce
Select from a range of newly-released Business Skills Learning Opportunities HERE
Employee Assistance Program
- Instructor-Led Sessions:
- Feb 8th, 2022: Navigating Change
- Feb 23rd, 2022: Leading Change
- Live Webinars
- Transitioning into the New Work Life: Strategies for Responding to Change
- Transitioning into the New Work Life: Creating Psychological Safety in Work Teams
- On Demand Webinars
- Leading the Human Side of Change
- Navigating Change in Challenging Times
EAP offers a variety of webinars on self care, COVID-19, change management, and other related topics to support emotional and mental health and wellbeing. Register for an upcoming live session or view a pre-recorded session on-demand. Sessions are added regularly.
You can also view the “Self-Care with the Washington State EAP” webinar recording on the WSU HRS Learning & Organizational Development YouTube.
Departmental Learning Manager Information
If you are not sure who your department or area’s assigned Learning Manager is, please contact email@example.com.
Access to employee training records is provided to designated learning managers. To request this access, complete and return the Management Authorization Request Online Learning System to Human Resource Services.
Online Learning System Manager Guide is a step-by-step guide available to designated WSU Online Learning Managers, of key functions including individuals and department wide training assignments and learning activity reporting.
University supervisors may release employees from normal work duties to attend training programs which promote professional development or improve jobs skills. An employee may take any amount of supervisor directed training, and an eligible full-time employee may use up to 96 hours of release time per fiscal year. An eligible part-time employee may use hours of release time prorated according to their FTE percentage.