Flexible scheduling continues to be an option for employees and managers to consider. When making determinations on flexible schedules, managers need to assure essential operations and deadlines are met, and that main administrative offices remain open during WSU’s statutorily required business hours.
The following are to be considered when making scheduling decisions:
- Faculty and staff may request to work a flexible schedule. Common flexible schedules include four, ten-hour days (4/10s) or any schedule which deviates from the standard, eight-hour days (5/8s) as determined by departmental needs.
- Any schedule changes must be approved by the appropriate manager.
- Scheduled work days will vary depending upon department and university needs.
- Main administrative offices are open during WSU’s business hours which are as follows: Monday through Friday; 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- For Faculty & Staff: FAQs and resources
- For Managers: Information by employee type and resources
- BPPM 60.34: WSU Telework Agreement