The university offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of its employees including health care and dental care options, retirement plans, long-term disability insurance, paid time off, professional development and a host of work/life quality programs.
- Medical Plan Options: Comprehensive medical insurance plans including, vision care for employees and eligible dependents; premiums vary.
- Dental Plan Options: WSU paid, dental coverage for employees and eligible dependents.
- Long Term Disability Insurance: Basic policy provided by WSU with additional policies available.
- Life Insurance Coverage: Basic policy provided by WSU. Additional policies are available.
- Flexible Spending Account: Pre-tax payroll reduction to pay for certain health care expenses.
Leave & Holidays
- Annual Leave: Eligible employees accrue 8.00 hours to 14.67 hours per month depending upon job type and length of service.
- Sick Leave: Eligible employees accrue 8.00 hours of sick leave per month.
- Other Leave: Additional leave programs are available for eligible employees such as bereavement, civil, emergency, military, professional and shared leave.
- Holidays: Eligible employees enjoy up to 10 paid holiday per year with some variation in certain work sites, plus 1 personal holiday per year.
- Relocation Information: Rental, housing, community, and WSU departmental information related to moving and relocation.
- Retirement Plans: Eligible employees enjoy retirement plans with employer contributions.
- Voluntary Investment Plans: Option to participate in additional retirement savings over and above regular plans.
Training & Development
- Tuition Waiver: Eligible employees may apply for a tuition waiver for many academic classes offered on campus.
- WSU Online Training System: Provides access to professional development online courses and online books.
- WSU Instructor-Led Training: In-person university training offerings and professional development opportunities.
Programs & Discounts
- Auto and Homeowners Insurance: Discounts available to WSU employees through Liberty Mutual.
- Dependent Care Assistance Program: Allows employees to set aside pre-tax earnings for eligible dependent care expenses such as day-care, babysitting, in-home elder dependent, etc.
- Guaranteed Education Tuition (GET): Option to join the state of Washington’s 529 college savings plan.
- Employee Assistance Program: Short-term, confidential counseling for WSU employee’s system-wide.
- Faculty & Staff Fitness Program: Simple, affordable and convenient fitness options at the Pullman campus.
- University Recreation Center: Membership options at the Pullman campus.
- WellCoug: WellCoug offers WSU employees and their families a wide range of resources to support their physical and mental health.