The Voluntary Investment Program (VIP), a 403(b) plan, allows employees to accumulate additional retirement savings on a pre-tax or after-tax Roth 403(b) basis, or a combination thereof, through the use of a variety of investment vehicles that can be changed at any time. TIAA is the current vendor for the VIP with investment products offered by TIAA and Vanguard.
If enrolling for the first time:
- Complete the Salary Reduction Agreement (linked in sidebar) and return the form to Pullman HRS
- Complete online enrollment, and choose your allocations and identify your beneficiaries with TIAA Online.
If a previous or current participant, only a new Salary Reduction Agreement is required. You also can update your beneficiaries online with TIAA.
Because the VIP and the WSURP are both 403b plans, participants of the WSURP who are contributing at the 10% level are making a 7.5% required contribution, and an additional 2.5% voluntary contribution. The voluntary portion of the WSURP contribution will count toward the maximum IRS contribution limits. WSU will adjust VIP contributions to prevent over-deferrals.
When employees separate from WSU, money can 1) remain in the account and continue to be managed there2) be withdrawn from the account, 3) be rolled into another qualified retirement plan, or 4) a combination thereof.
- Roth 403(b) Contributions
- Login to TIAA Account
- 2019 Salary Reduction Agreement Form
- 2020 Salary Reduction Agreement Form
- IRS Voluntary Retirement Contribution Limits
TIAA offers in person and by phone consultations and customer support. One on one meetings can be scheduled through your online TIAA account, or by calling 1-800-732-8353. For phone assistance, please call 1-800-842-2252.