WSU Faculty, Staff, and community members have access to a variety of mental health services, regardless of income level or location.
*Students seeking mental health support, please visit Cougar Health Services / CAPS.
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, call or text 988 to connect with a trained crisis counselor.
For Faculty/Staff on WSU medical insurance
Kaiser NW members
Kaiser WA members
All benefit-eligible Faculty/Staff
- Employee Assistance Program: Confidential support for work or personal issues, including three fully covered counseling sessions per issue
For Washington residents
- WA Listens: Confidential, free support line- connect with a support specialist when you need to talk.
- WSU Psychology Clinic: Low-cost, sliding scale community mental health center (WA & ID Residents, telehealth may be available)
- Alcoholics Anonymous: Find a meeting in Washington
- WA DOH Family Toolbox: Supporting teens and children through the pandemic
- WA MH Referral service for children and teens: Free, phone-based service connecting patients and families with services in their communities