Life Insurance Open Enrollment Period
Extended thru December 16, 2016
Effective Date of Changes: January 1, 2017
Take advantage of a special, one-time open enrollment opportunity that allows PEBB-eligible employees to enroll in or increase their, and their families, supplemental life insurance or supplemental accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance.
The Health Care Authority (HCA) recently partnered with MetLife to provide increased life insurance benefits to eligible Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) Program members starting January 1, 2017.
How To Enroll
Complete and submit your enrollment online on MetLife’s MyBenefits website or via enrollment form.
When you enroll online use “PEBB Benefits – State of Washington” as your employer.
Important Changes To Be Aware Of
- Employees may enroll in the following coverage without having to be approved or go through a medical exam, even if previously denied or you have a per-existing medical condition:
- Up to $500,000 of employee coverage. Coverage up to $1 million is available, and would require a Statement of Health Questionnaire (SOH) to be completed.
- Up to $100,000 of spouse/registered domestic partner coverage. Coverage up to one-half of what the employee carries is available, and would require a SOH.
- Up to $20,000 of child(ren) coverage.
- The current Basic Employee coverage all PEBB-eligible employees are provided will increase from $25,000 to $35,000.
- Current coverage carried under the Employee Supplemental and Spouse Supplemental will automatically transfer to Met Life.
- Basic Spouse and Child(ren) coverage will be ceasing. Employees will need to enroll in additional coverage in order to activate any additional spouse or child(ren) coverage that will not transfer.
- The Accidental Death and Dismemberment (ADD) coverage will not transfer. Employee will need to enroll in order to activate/maintain this coverage.
- All employees must name their Beneficiaries as this information will not transfer to MetLife.
Monthly Premium Rates
Additional information will be posted to this site, and can also be found on the HCA website.
Human Resource Services will also be providing Life Insurance Presentations throughout November. Dates of this presentations will be announced/posted soon.
Life Insurance Open Enrollment Presentations
HRS will be providing Life Insurance Open Enrollment presentations and also review general information about the Medical/Dental Open Enrollment. Sessions are scheduled for:
- November 9, from 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.
- November 17, from 9:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- November 21, from 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
The sessions will be held in Lighty 405, and seating will be on a first-come, first-seated basis.
For non-Pullman sites, the sessions will be available via AMS Videoconferencing Services. To view which locations are currently registered, visit the AMS Events Calendar. Additional site connections may be requested through AMS.Videoconference.Meeting@wsu.edu.
Following the presentation on the 9th, we will also be posting a taped session that can be accessed via this website.
MetLife “MyBenefits Portal” – For online review and changes. Use “PEBB Benefits – State of Washington” as employer.
2017 MetLife Open Enrollment form – Use if unable to make online changes.
MetLife Beneficiary form – Use if unable to make online changes.
HCA/PEBB Life Insurance Website – for additional information
Visit your myWSU to veiw your current coverage.
Presentations: View a recorded Life Insurance Information Session HERE. You will need your net ID to view the presentation.
Screen down and look to the left for information about upcoming presentations.