Classification and Compensation
- View definitions for terms used in the classification process. Common Classification Definitions
- Browse a listing of Faculty titles. The Office of the Provost provides oversight for Faculty classification matters.
- Guidelines for Adjunct and Adjoint Faculty, Affiliate Faculty, Visiting Faculty and Visiting Scholars
- Starting in 2014, under the Federal Affordable Care Act, Washington State University (WSU) must report actual work effort for all employees, including Faculty. Therefore, effective July 1, 2013, WSU will require faculty appointments be set up as full-time equivalency (FTE).
- Memo from the Provost Regarding Full-time Academic Workload
- Full-Time Academic Workload Guidelines
- FTAW Calculation Spreadsheet – Converting PW to FTE
- The Office of the Provost provides oversight for Faculty compensation matters.
Corrective and Disciplinary Action
- Refer to the Faculty Manual (Section II, F) for specifics on applicable rules and procedures.
- View a sample position description which can be adapted for Faculty appointments: Faculty Position Description.
Review and Evaluation
- Check the Faculty Manual for details on the review of faculty.
- Visit the Provost’s website for guidelines on policies/procedures, Third Year Review and Tenure/Promotion.
- View the forms and systems which may be utilized by departments for completing Faculty Reviews.
- Read the Provost’s Annual Review Memo regarding the annual review process for the 2014 calendar year.