Classification and Compensation
- View definitions for terms used in the classification process.
Common Classification Definitions
- Browse a listing of Faculty titles. The Office of the Provost provides oversight for Faculty classification matters.
- Starting in 2014, under the Federal Affordable Care Act, Washington State University (WSU) must report actual work effort for all employees, including Faculty. Therefore, effective July 1, 2013, WSU will require faculty appointments be set up as full-time equivalency (FTE).
- Memo from the Provost Regarding Full-time Academic Workload
- Full-Time Academic Workload Guidelines
- FTAW Calculation Spreadsheet – Converting PW to FTE
- The Office of the Provost provides oversight for Faculty compensation matters.
Corrective and Disciplinary Action
- Refer to the manual for specifics on applicable rules and procedures.
Faculty Manual (Section II, F)
- View a sample position description which can be adapted for Faculty appointments.
Sample: Faculty Position Description
Review and Evaluation
- Check the manual for details on the review of faculty.
- Visit the Provost’s website for guidelines on policies/procedures, Third Year Review and Tenure/Promotion.
Office of the Provost
- View the forms and systems which may be utilized by departments for completing Faculty Reviews.
Form: Annual Review
System: WSU Online Review and Query System, (WORQS)
- Read the Provost’s memo regarding the annual review process for the 2014 calendar year.
Annual Review Memo