Classification and Compensation
- View definitions for terms used in the classification process.
Common Classification Definitions
- Policy: Classification and Reclassification (BBPM 60.02)
- View a complete listing of available Civil Service titles set by the Washington State Department of Personnel
- Find information on the Civil Service employee requested classification review process
Form: Employee Requested Review Packet
- Check out the salary grid to view the full salary range.
- Information on Step M – Longevity Step
Step M Frequently Asked Questions
Corrective and Disciplinary Action
- Website: Washington Administrative Code (Chapter 357-40)
- Browse sample job duties for frequently requested Civil Service titles.
- Peruse criteria, samples, and policies related to performance expectations.
Review and Evaluation
The performance of Civil Service employees is reviewed according to the employee’s Periodic Increment Date (PID). The review period can be changed by mutual agreement of the supervisor and the employee.
- See the Washington Administrative Code for more information regarding performance management of Civil Service employees.
WAC 357-37 Performance Management
- View the forms and systems which may be utilized by departments for completing the annual review.
Form: Performance Evaluation Form