Only Washington State University officials holding appointing authority, as delegated by the President, may authorize employment actions.
Read the policy for details on appointing authorities.
Delegation of Appointing Authority, BPPM 60.10
- View a current list of those WSU officials holding appointing authority.
Appointing Authority List
What are employment actions?
- Authorizing creation of a new position
- Appoint temporary faculty and administrative professional employees.
- Authorizing layoffs, discontinuation of appointments, non-reappointments, and changes to FTE.
- Modifying previous disciplinary actions or withdraw disciplinary charges.
- Re-assigning an employee.
- Taking an action to end employment.