Only Washington State University officials holding appointing authority, as delegated by the President, may authorize employment actions.
- Read the policy for details on appointing authorities: Delegation of Appointing Authority, BPPM 60.10.
- View a current list of those WSU officials holding appointing authority: Appointing Authority List.
What are employment actions?
- Authorizing creation of a new position
- Appoint temporary faculty and administrative professional employees.
- Authorizing layoffs, discontinuation of appointments, non-reappointments, and changes to FTE.
- Modifying previous disciplinary actions or withdraw disciplinary charges.
- Re-assigning an employee.
- Taking an action to end employment.