- Read WSU’s policy on recruiting for Temporary/Hourly positions (BPPM 60.27).
- Work with the Academic Success and Career Center to initiate the recruitment process via HandShake.
- Use HandShake to post an on or off-campus recruitment for Temporary/Hourly and student positions.
- Learn more about the background check program: Pre-Employment Background Checks.
- Find out what inquiries are acceptable and unacceptable during the recruitment process under the Pre-Employment Inquiry Guidelines (BPPM 60.08).
New Hire Paperwork
- Provide the Conditions for Temporary Employment (BPPM 60.27) form to your new hire. Requires signature from the supervisor and the Temporary/Hourly employee.
- Use the Temporary Employee Orientation Checklist (BPPM 60.27.7) when onboarding your new Temporary/Hourly employee.
- Refer to the Office of International Students and Scholars website if employing an international student.
- New Employee Resources: Benefits, orientation, and other information for the new hire.
Ready to begin recruitment for a Temporary-Hourly position?
Contact the Student Employment Center: 509-335-6634
Have questions about a background check?
Contact Human Resource Services or call HRS at 509-335-4521.