Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Washington State University! Please use the below for tips and instructions on applying for jobs on the WSU Jobs website and getting through the candidate process.
- If you have not applied to or created an application account with WSU in the past, click the Create Account link on the left-hand navigation menu.
- This will allow you to create and save an applicant profile for future applications as well as bookmark postings you are interested in applying for.
- Click the Log In link on the left-hand navigation menu and enter your username and password. Once logged in, you will be able to:
- Edit existing account information, such as your contact information
- Review the status of positions you have applied to
- Search for and apply to new jobs
Searching for Jobs
- Click the Search Jobs link on the left-hand navigation menu.
- After finding a job posting of interest, click on the Bookmark this Posting button at the top of the job posting.
- Alternately, if you are ready to apply, click on the Apply for this Job button at the top of the job posting.
- If you have not already logged in or created an account, you will be asked to do so in order to bookmark a posting or apply for a job.
Applying for Jobs
- Find the job posting you are interested in applying for and click on the Apply for this Job button at the top of the posting.
- Log in to your account if you are not already logged in or create a new account if you have not applied with WSU in the past.
- Complete all required fields on your application. Required fields are indicated with a red asterisk (*).
- Some sections contain builder fields, such as Education & Training. Click on the Add Entry button to add an entry. Continue clicking on the Add Entry button to add as many entries as needed. If you accidentally click the Add Entry button too many times, click the checkbox option to Remove Entry. Otherwise, you may get an incomplete error at the review portion of your application due to unanswered required fields.
- If you have applied for positions with WSU in the past, information will carry over from prior applications. Please be sure to review all information to ensure accurate and current information is supplied, for example, contact information, and recent job experience.
- Provide all requested documents, such as resume and cover letter.
- Be sure to tailor your documents to the job you are currently applying to.
- Search administrators sometimes request applicants to supply specific information within their application materials. These types of requests would be listed at the top of the job posting under Special Instructions. Be sure to include all requested information. Applications supplied without all requested information may be considered incomplete.
- Voluntary Information.
- Demographic data, self identification of disability, and self identification of protected veteran status are not required, however are requested to assist in demographic analysis of applicants. This information is not supplied to search administrators.
- Check for Errors and Submit.
- This section is a review page that allows you to ensure you have supplied all required information. Green checks indicate complete information, while red x’s indicate incomplete information. Click directly on any incomplete section(s) to enter required information and finalize your application.
- If all information is complete, you will have a button at the top and bottom of your page to Certify and Submit.
- Read the certification statement and click the button that indicates you agree, enter your name, and click Submit this Application.
- You will know you’ve successfully applied for the job when you receive a confirmation code on your screen.
- Click the Your Applications link on the left navigation menu.
- You will be able to view all job postings you have started applying to, along with the status of the posting.
- You will also be able to view all jobs you completed an application to, along with your status. “In Progress” means the job has not been filled and the recruitment is at some stage in the process.
- Should you wish to withdraw your application for a posting you will be able to do so on this screen as well. Please note: you will not be able to reapply for the posting after you have withdrawn your application.