Washington State University conducts pre-employment screening on specified positions in order to protect the interests of the university’s students, employees and resources. Pre-employment screening may include but is not limited to a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. WSU utilizes an online pre-employment screening system which requires a valid email address at the time of application.
If you have additional questions or concerns, contact Human Resource Services at 509-335-4521 or send an email to email@example.com.
Use the following language in job postings and notice of vacancies.
Washington State University (WSU) conducts pre-employment screening on specified positions, which may include but is not limited to, a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. WSU utilizes an online system which will require a valid email address at the time of at the time of application.
- This position has been designated by the department to require a background check. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
- This position does not require a background check.
BACKGROUND CHECK REQUEST
To request a background check contact the HRS at firstname.lastname@example.org include the following:
- Hiring department
- Finalist(s) name
- Email address
- Resume/Vita – for Faculty positions only.
- Position title/Position number
- Background package type *If requesting an MVR, please indicate the state in which the driver’s license is held.
A member of the HRS staff will contact you to discuss the process. NOTE: Before initiating a background check, HRS must receive an IRI from the hiring department.