Washington State University conducts pre-employment screening on specified positions in order to protect the interests of the university’s students, employees and resources. Pre-employment screening may include but is not limited to a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. WSU utilizes an online pre-employment screening system which requires a valid email address at the time of application.
If you have additional questions or concerns, contact Human Resource Services at 509-335-4521 or send an email to email@example.com.
PRICING (Effective 1/1/2023)
|Background Check Type:||Base Price:|
|Motor Vehicle Records Check||$9.50|
|National Sex Offender Registry||$10.00|
|International||Costs vary and are dependent on the country or countries the applicant has lived in. Please contact HRS for a price estimate.|
The price listed is the base price. Packages may be combined.
Surcharges may apply. Departments are responsible for the final costs associated with a background check (BPPM 60.16).
Use the following language in job postings and notice of vacancies.
Washington State University (WSU) conducts pre-employment screening on specified positions, which may include but is not limited to, a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. WSU utilizes an online system which will require a valid email address at the time of at the time of application.
- This position has been designated by the department to require a background check because it requires access to children or vulnerable adults as defined by RCW 74.34, engages in law enforcement, requires security clearance, interacts with WSU students in a counseling or advising capacity, has access to personal identifying and/or financial information, unsupervised access to university buildings/property, or other business-related need. A background check will not be completed until an initial determination of qualification for employment has been made.
- This position does not require a background check.
Background Check Request
To request a background check, contact the HRS at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- Hiring department
- Finalist(s) name
- Email address
- Resume/Vitae – for Faculty positions only.
- Position title/Position number
- Background package type *If requesting an MVR, please indicate the State in which the driver’s license is held.
- Budget Information: Program, Cost Center, Fund, Function and Region to charge the request to.
A member of the HRS staff will contact you to discuss the process. NOTE: Before initiating a background check, HRS must receive an IRI from the hiring department.