Washington State University conducts pre-employment screening on specified positions in order to protect the interests of the university’s students, employees and resources. Pre-employment screening may include but is not limited to a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. WSU utilizes an online pre-employment screening system which requires a valid email address at the time of application.
If you have additional questions or concerns, contact Human Resource Services at 509-335-4521 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Background Check Policy: BPPM 60.16
- Background Check Guidelines
- Background Check Packages (New – July 2019)
|Background Check Type:||Base Price:|
|Motor Vehicle Records Check||$7.50|
|National Sex Offender Registry||$8.00|
|International||Costs vary and are dependent on country. Please contact HRS for a price estimate.|
The price listed is the base price. Packages may be combined.
Surcharges may apply. Departments are responsible for the final costs associated with a background check (BPPM 60.16).
Use the following language in job postings and notice of vacancies.
Washington State University (WSU) conducts pre-employment screening on specified positions, which may include but is not limited to, a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history. WSU utilizes an online system which will require a valid email address at the time of at the time of application.
- This position has been designated by the department to require a background check. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
- This position does not require a background check.
BACKGROUND CHECK REQUEST
To request a background check, contact the HRS at email@example.com and include the following:
- Hiring department
- Finalist(s) name
- Email address
- Resume/Vita – for Faculty positions only.
- Position title/Position number
- Background package type *If requesting an MVR, please indicate the State in which the driver’s license is held.
A member of the HRS staff will contact you to discuss the process. NOTE: Before initiating a background check, HRS must receive an IRI from the hiring department.