Job Posting Information
The recruitment period is defined as the time period between the commencement of advertising and the application deadline or application review begin date.
The following are recommended recruitment periods.
- National: 30 calendar days
- Northwest Region: 21 calendar days
- Statewide: 21 calendar days
- Local/Internal: 14 calendar days
- Positions must be posted for a minimum of 5 business days. (See BPPM 60.18, Recruitment and Selection of Classified Positions.)
Job postings for Administrative Professional and Classified Staff positions are published to WSUJobs.
Additional job advertisements, including any fees, are the responsibility of the hiring department. HRS will review the recruitment plan and advertisement copy submitted through OPDRS as part of the job posting.
EEO/AA Underutilized Data
Washington State University (WSU) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Consistent with its Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy, WSU will make good faith efforts in outreach and recruitment to decrease under-representation of protected groups, in accordance with federal and state law.
AA goals and under-representation data is maintained by the university and may be used by the search committee to broaden recruitment efforts for those protected groups which may be under-represented in a particular job category. Visit the Office of Civil Rights Compliance and Investigation website to review information on Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Compliance.
Job Posting Resources and Examples
- Contracted Newspaper Vendors (negotiated by Purchasing Services)
- Examples of short and long staff advertisements
- Examples of simple and detailed print advertisements (Word document)
- Sample invite to apply/position announcement document (Word document)
- Required, recommended and example EO/AA/Diversity statements
Recruitment Toolkit: Contains information on the recruitment processes and additional outreach tools.