Learning & Organizational Development
WSU Training and Development
Human Resource Services coordinates live, Instructor-Led Trainings that deliver WSU system-specific training, as well as trainings grouped by topic to address the needs to specific WSU audiences. All current WSU employees also have access to the WSU Online Learning System that include over 3,500 interactive online courses, and over 25,000 online books.
For more information on WSU Employee Learning & Organizational Development, as well as to see a complete list of trainings offered visit the HRS Learning & Organizational Development Homepage.
WSU Policy on Training
University supervisors may release employees from normal work duties to attend training programs which promote professional development or improve jobs skills. An employee may take any amount of supervisor directed training, and an eligible full-time employee may use up to 96 hours of release time per fiscal year for elective training. An eligible part-time employee may use hours of release time prorated according to his or her FTE percentage.
- Appropriate Use of Training Time
- BPPM 60.71: WSU policy on Training and Development
- BPPM 60.72: WSU policy on Release Time for Training
- AP Handbook, refer to pages regarding career and personal development for AP employees
- Collective Bargaining Agreements, for employees covered by a Collective Bargaining Agreement
Tuition Fee Waiver
Read the WSU policy about tuition waivers for eligible employees.