A special commendation for Washington State University faculty and staff who have provided superior customer service.
Anyone can nominate a WSU employee. See the eligibility guidelines.
About the Award
The Crimson Spirit Award is a recognition award for individual employees who provided exceptional service and exceeded expectations while representing WSU to internal or external constituencies. Awardees receive a unique crystal statue, special lapel pin, recognition by peers, and university-wide acknowledgement at the annual Employee Recognition Reception.
Latest Recipients of the Crimson Spirit Award
Ms. Velasco-Faga’autau, program support supervisor 2, Student Support Services, Student Affairs, received a 2019 Crimson Spirit Award. Her nominate praises…
Shona Sorensen, information systems manager, Administrative and Financial Services, Information Technology Services, received a 2019 Crimson Spirit Award. The first…
Erin Armstrong, fiscal analyst, WSU Everett, received a 2019 Crimson Spirit Award. Her nominator notes that Ms. Armstrong “is one…
Awardees exemplify university values and promote strategic goals through:
- Expressing genuine interest
- Anticipating needs and taking appropriate action
- Following up to ensure an issue is resolved
- Exceeding expectations
- Providing superior quality service
- Creatively solving problems
- Presenting noteworthy extra effort
- Providing outstanding contributions to the WSU community
- Other superior efforts in support of the University’s strategic goals
- Nominees must be current and benefits eligible Washington State University staff, faculty, or administrative professional employees from any University work location.
- Nominees may receive the award once every three years.
- University affiliates are not eligible for this award.
- Self-nominations cannot be considered.
- Submit a nomination with the nomination form.
- Anyone can nominate: WSU faculty, staff, students, or community members.
- Nominations will remain anonymous.
- Winners are selected by the Crimson Spirit Award Committee.
Crimson Spirit Customer Service Initiative
Learn more on the Customer Service Initiative page.
Questions: Please contact Human Resource Services at 509-335-4521 or firstname.lastname@example.org.