A special commendation for Washington State University faculty and staff who have provided superior customer service.
Anyone can nominate a WSU employee. See the eligibility guidelines.
About the Program
Crimson Spirit Recognition honors individual employees who provided exceptional service and exceeded expectations while representing WSU to internal or external constituencies. Honorees receive a unique crystal statue, special lapel pin, recognition by peers, and university-wide acknowledgement at the annual Employee Recognition Reception.
Latest Crimson Spirit Recognition Recipients
Rebecca Dueben, Student Services Coordinator, Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture-Student Success…
Cheryl Blackburn, facilities administrator and executive assistant to the chancellor, WSU Everett,…
Dorothy “D.” Thomas, program coordinator, Facilities Services—Administration, received Crimson Spirit recognition for…
Honorees exemplify university values and promote strategic goals through:
- Expressing genuine interest
- Anticipating needs and taking appropriate action
- Following up to ensure an issue is resolved
- Exceeding expectations
- Providing superior quality service
- Creatively solving problems
- Presenting noteworthy extra effort
- Providing outstanding contributions to the WSU community
- Other superior efforts in support of the University’s strategic goals
- Nominees must be current and benefits-eligible Washington State University staff, faculty, or administrative professional employees from any University work location.
- Nominees may be recognized once every three years.
- University affiliates are not eligible for this recognition.
- Self-nominations cannot be considered.
- Submit a nomination with the nomination form.
- Anyone can nominate: WSU faculty, staff, students, or community members.
- Nominations will remain anonymous.
- Winners are selected by the Crimson Spirit Recognition Committee.
Crimson Spirit Customer Service Initiative
Learn more on the Customer Service Initiative page.
Questions: Please contact Human Resource Services at 509-335-4521 or email@example.com.