A special commendation for Washington State University faculty and staff who have provided superior customer service.
Anyone can nominate a WSU employee. See the eligibility guidelines.
About the Award
The Crimson Spirit Award is a recognition award for individual employees who provided exceptional service and exceeded expectations while representing WSU to internal or external constituencies. Awardees receive a unique crystal statue, special lapel pin, recognition by peers, and university-wide acknowledgement at the annual Employee Recognition Reception.
Latest Recipients of the Crimson Spirit Award
Kami Ryplewski, office assistant 3 for Pharmaceutical Sciences in the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, received the January 2020…
Sue Sheppard, development and outreach coordinator for Northwest Public Broadcasting in The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication, received a…
Ms. Velasco-Faga’autau, program support supervisor 2, Student Support Services, Student Affairs, received a 2019 Crimson Spirit Award. Her nominate praises…
Awardees exemplify university values and promote strategic goals through:
- Expressing genuine interest
- Anticipating needs and taking appropriate action
- Following up to ensure an issue is resolved
- Exceeding expectations
- Providing superior quality service
- Creatively solving problems
- Presenting noteworthy extra effort
- Providing outstanding contributions to the WSU community
- Other superior efforts in support of the University’s strategic goals
- Nominees must be current and benefits eligible Washington State University staff, faculty, or administrative professional employees from any University work location.
- Nominees may receive the award once every three years.
- University affiliates are not eligible for this award.
- Self-nominations cannot be considered.
- Submit a nomination with the nomination form.
- Anyone can nominate: WSU faculty, staff, students, or community members.
- Nominations will remain anonymous.
- Winners are selected by the Crimson Spirit Award Committee.
Crimson Spirit Customer Service Initiative
Learn more on the Customer Service Initiative page.
Questions: Please contact Human Resource Services at 509-335-4521 or email@example.com.