Congratulations on your new appointment, and welcome to Washington State University!
New Employee Orientation is designed as a two part workshop over the course of one day. In the morning, we conduct the first portion applicable to all employees. This session is split into two sections: the first half covers employment information and the second half covers benefits information. In the afternoon, we split off into two separate retirement sections depending on what your employment type is; there are different retirement options for different employment.
Join us as we explore Washington State University history, pertinent employment information, invaluable resources, and benefit options available to you.
New employees must attend New Employee Orientation within 30 days of their start date to meet Benefits election due dates.
- Retirement: Faculty/Administrative Professionals have 30 days from their date of hire to make an election; Classified Staff and eligible hourly employees have 90 days.
- Medical and Dental Insurance: Election due within 31 days of hire/benefit eligibility.
- Long Term Disability: Election due within 31 days of hire/benefit eligibility.
- Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP) and/or Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Election due within 31 days of hire/benefit eligibility.
- Life Insurance: Election due within 31 days of hire/benefit eligibility.
Access relevant information on the New Employee Information page.
New Employee General Orientation
- New Employee General Orientation Handout
- New Employee Orientation Resource Guide
- Medical Benefits Presentation Handout
- 2022 Employee Enrollment Guide
New Employee Retirement Orientation
- Faculty and Administrative Professional Retirement Handout
- Classified Staff Retirement Handout
- Plan 3 WSURP Plan Compensation Chart for New Hires