- For Your Benefit Newsletter– Read about plan changes for 2022
- 2021-2022 Medical Premium Rates– See your monthly plan costs
- LTD Premium Calculator– Estimate your monthly LTD premiums
- Medical Plans by County– See which plans are available to you
- Virtual Benefits Fair– Visit virtual booths for benefit vendors
- Plan Comparison Tool– See side-by-side plan comparisons
- Dental Benefits Comparison– Compare dental plans for 2022
- Changes to PEBB Benefits– See what’s changing in 2022
- Presentations– View schedule and Zoom info
- 2022 PEBB Employee Enrollment Guide– HCA Resource
How to Make Changes
All Open Enrollment changes will be made through Workday. WSU employees no longer have access to the HCA MyAccount or Navia Benefits portals, and paper/electronic forms will not be accepted. Step-by-step instructions on how to make changes in Workday will be posted here shortly.
- Kaiser NW
- Naturopathy benefits: Currently a specialty care benefit with provider referral required; changing to self-referred only. No visit limit and no dollar max per plan year, Primary Care $25 copay.
- Acupuncture benefits: Adding self referral option. Self-referred: 12 visits per plan year, Specialty Care $35 copay. Physician-referred: no visit limit, Specialty Care $35 copay.
- Massage benefits: Adding self referral option. No maximum dollar coverage limit, 12 visits per plan year, $25 copay.
- Rehabilitation services: Allow self referrals, no longer require prior authorization. Outpatient Physical, Speech, and Occupational therapies will have a combined total visit limit of 60 visits per plan year. Specialty care $35 copay.
- Kaiser WA
- Adding In-Home Infusion Therapy to all plans. Waiving cost shares for administration of infused medication in a home setting.
- Covering two urine drug screenings per plan year. $0 copay, includes screenings for employment.
- Uniform Medical Plan
- Mental Health Parity: Removing coinsurance for mental health and substance use disorder inpatient professional services (Classic, Select, Plus).
- Allowing accumulator rollovers between plans for mid-year changes.
- See Monthly Medical Premiums for 2022.
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
The HSA annual maximum contribution limit is increasing to $3650 for individuals and $7300 for families.
Flexible Spending Arrangement (FSA) *action required*
- A Limited Purpose FSA option is being added beginning in 2022. This Limited FSA can only be used for certain vision and dental expenses, and is compatible with Health Savings Accounts (HSA). Learn more about the Limited Purpose FSA.
- A carryover option is being implemented, whereby up to $550 of unspent funds can be carried over for the next plan year. This carryover occurs even if someone elects the annual max for the next year.
- If switching to a CDHP/HSA for the next year, the carryover amount will be applied to a Limited FSA.
- If enrolling in any non-CDHP plan for the next year, the carryover amount will be applied to a Medical FSA. Learn more about the Medical FSA.
- The annual maximum election is remaining at $2750. The annual minimum election is being lowered from $240 down to $120.
Long Term Disability (LTD) *action required*
- Starting January 1, 2022, the 60% supplemental LTD plan maximum benefit will be increasing from $6,000 per month to $10,000. Most eligible employees that are not already enrolled in supplemental LTD will be enrolled in this 60% LTD plan. Learn more about LTD insurance benefit changes.
- A 50% buy-down supplemental LTD plan option is being added for 2022. You can reduce your employee-paid LTD to a lower-cost 50% coverage level, with a maximum monthly benefit of up to $8,333.
- All waiting periods will be changed to a 90-day waiting period beginning January 1, 2022.
- During open enrollment, you can reduce or decline your 2022 automatic enrollment in employee-paid LTD. If you don’t actively reduce or decline your LTD benefit election by December 31, 2021, you will be enrolled in the 60-percent plan, and the premium will be deducted from your paycheck for January 2022 coverage.
- LTD Premium rates are changing for 2022. See the new LTD Premium Rates.
- Additional detail can be found in the 2022 Long Term Disability Certificate of Coverage.
PEBB/SEBB Dual Enrollment
You can no longer enroll in health plans under both the PEBB Program and School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) Program as an employee or as a dependent. You may waive your enrollment in PEBB medical to enroll in SEBB medical only if you are also enrolled in SEBB dental and vision. In doing so, you waive your enrollment in PEBB dental. If you are enrolled in both PEBB and SEBB benefits (medical, dental, vision), you will receive a letter from the PEBB Program explaining what action you will need to take by November 30, 2021. If you do not take action to resolve the dual enrollment, the PEBB and SEBB Programs will enroll or disenroll you and your enrolled dependents as described in WAC 182-12-123(6).
Life Insurance Premiums are changing slightly for 202. See the new Life Insurance Premium Rates.
Medical Premium Rates
|Plan Name||Employee Only|
2021 / 2022
|Employee & Spouse / Partner|
2021 / 2022
|Employee & Child(ren)|
2021 / 2022
|Employee, Spouse, & Child(ren)|
|Kaiser WA Classic||$189 / $204||$388 / $418||$331 / $357||$530 / $571|
|Kaiser WA Value||$112 / $113||$234 / $236||$196 / $198||$318 / $321|
|Kaiser WA SoundChoice||$55 / $50||$120 / $110||$96 / $88||$161 / $148|
|Kaiser WA CDHP||$26 / $24||$62 / $58||$46 / $42||$82 / $76|
|UMP Classic||$105 / $110||$220 / $230||$184 / $193||$299 / $313|
|UMP Plus||$72 / $78||$154 / $166||$126 / $137||$208 / $225|
|UMP Select||$37 / $39||$84 / $88||$65 / $68||$112 / $117|
|UMP CDHP||$25 / $24||$60 / $58||$44 / $42||$79 / $76|
|Kaiser NW Classic||$159 / $159||$328 / $328||$278 / $278||$447 / $447|
|Kaiser NW CDHP||$25 / $26||$60 / $62||$44 / $46||$79 / $82|
WSU HRS is offering several presentations in the weeks leading up to and during Open Enrollment to help you understand your benefits and any changes that may affect you. Additional dates may be added, and can be requested for specific work groups by emailing email@example.com.
No registration is required to attend.
- Wed. 10/27, 10-11 AM
- Tue. 11/2, 3-4 PM
Link to join- Benefits
Zoom ID: 949 4428 0965
LTD Changes Overview
- Th. 10/28, 1:30-2:30 PM
- Fr. 11/5, 9-10 AM
Link to join- LTD
Zoom ID: 985 1916 6847
Our benefit providers (medical, dental, FSA/DCAP, LTD) are each offering their own webinars throughout November to highlight the advantages of their plans and any upcoming changes for 2022. See the full schedule of PEBB Open Enrollment webinars to view times and register or watch recordings.
- Oct. 7 Announcement- Coming Soon – 2022 Open Enrollment
- Oct. 12 HCA For Your Benefit Newsletter- Changes to your PEBB benefits for 2022
- Oct. 14 Direct Email- 2022 Open Enrollment
- Oct. 21 UMP Email- Open enrollment starts November 1
- Oct. 22 HCA Email- Update to the October For Your Benefit newsletter
- Oct. 22 HCA Email- Recent updates to Kaiser WA provider networks
- Oct. 25 WSU Insider- Open Enrollment set for November
- Oct. 26 Announcement- Open Enrollment presentations
- Oct. 29 Announcement- Open Enrollment 2022- How to make changes
- Oct. 29 HR Source Newsletter- Open Enrollment November 1-30
- Nov. 1 Announcement- 2022 Open Enrollment now open
- Nov. 2 Modernization Newsletter- Open Enrollment now in Workday
- Nov. 5 Announcement- Premium Payment Plan election/change
- Nov. 8 Direct Email- Make changes during Open Enrollment (defaults)
- Nov. 10 Direct Email- Health Savings Accounts and Medicare (ages 64+)
- Nov. 12 Announcement- Understanding CDHPs with HSAs
- Nov. 19 Announcement- Reminder: Re-enroll in FSA/DCAP for 2022
- Nov. 22 Announcement- Open Enrollment ends next week
- Nov. 24 HR Source Newsletter- Open Enrollment ends November 30
- Nov. 29 Direct Email- Confused by LTC LTD? Open Enrollment ends Nov. 30
- Nov. 29 Announcement- Reminder: Make your elections for Open Enrollment
- Nov. 30 Announcement- Open Enrollment ends today