Financial wellbeing entails successful management of finances, including monthly expenses, giving, and planning for the future. The following resources can help eligible faculty and staff improve their financial health.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
WSU’s EAP now offers free financial counseling services, as well as a comprehensive work-life website that includes resources, articles, webinars and e-learnings, financial calculators, legal documents, and self-search provider databases for eldercare, childcare, and more. Employees can access all of these services any time by visiting the web portal (contact HRS for the Organization code at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-335-4521). A legal or financial counselor can be reached any time by calling 1-888-728-1408.
Medical Savings Accounts
Medical Savings Accounts can help defray the cost of healthcare services for employees and their families. Eligibility for medical savings accounts depends on which medical plan the employee is enrolled in; for more information visit the FSA HSA Comparison web page.
Family Care Services
WSU faculty and staff receive access to Bright Horizons website through a membership paid by WSU. This membership gains you access to two services:
- Sittercity offers individual in-home caregivers including babysitters, full and part time nannies, pet sitters, tutors, and individual senior caregivers
- Years Ahead offers a nationwide network of senior care providers, including certified senior care advisors for guidance, specialized facilities including memory and hospice care and independent and assisted living communities, and in-home healthcare and senior care companions
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will WSU pay for the services I obtain through SitterCity and Years Ahead? No. WSU has paid for the membership to use Bright Horizons, which includes SitterCity and Years Ahead. Users will negotiate with and pay for any providers hired.
- Who is eligible to use the portal? All active WSU faculty and staff have access to the services provided by Bright Horizons.
- Do I need to register for Sittercity and Years Ahead separately? Yes. Unfortunately there is not a single sign on for both platforms, so users will have to register for each separately.
- Can I use the portal multiple times to find different care and service providers? Yes. There is no limit on the number of searches conducted or providers hired.
- Can I use the Sittercity or Years Ahead portal in another state? Yes. Bright Horizons has registered service providers across the United States.
- I know someone who wants to be a provider on Sittercity. How do they participate? Interested individuals can register at sittercity.com. Sittercity will evaluate potential providers through their pre-screening and application processes.
- Does Sittercity conduct background checks on the providers? Yes. Bright Horizons verifies provider identity, checks providers against the national sex offender registry (updated daily), and continuously screens and monitors all of the providers participating in Sittercity. Users can also request a new or updated background check be conducted on any provider.
- Does Years Ahead conduct any pre-screening of the providers? Each provider has been reviewed by Years Ahead’s Quality Care Team. That review includes a verification of required state licensing information, review of Better Business Bureau history where available, review of online reputation, including reviews and ratings and confirmation of Years Ahead profile information accuracy.
- What happens if I leave WSU? If you leave WSU employment or become ineligible for this program, your Bright Horizons account access will end. Users may have the option to purchase a subscription to use the Sitter City public website at sittercity.com.