Only Washington State University officials holding appointing authority, as delegated by the President, may authorize employment actions.
- View a current list of those WSU officials holding appointing authority.
Appointing Authority List
What are employment actions?
- Authorizing creation of a new position
- Appoint temporary faculty and administrative professional employees.
- Authorizing layoffs, discontinuation of appointments, non-reappointments, and changes to FTE.
- Modifying previous disciplinary actions or withdraw disciplinary charges.
- Re-assigning an employee.
- Taking an action to end employment.