A special monthly commendation for Washington State University Faculty and Staff that have provided superior customer service.
The Crimson Spirit Award is a monthly recognition award for individual employees who provided exceptional service and exceeded expectations while representing WSU to internal or external constituency. Awardees receive a unique crystal plaque, recognition by peers, achievement published in campus-wide media, and university-wide acknowledgement at the annual Employee Recognition Reception.
Awardees exemplify university values and promote strategic goals through:
- Expressing genuine interest
- Anticipating needs and taking appropriate action
- Following up to ensure issue is resolved
- Exceeding expectations
- Providing superior quality service
- Creatively solving problems
- Presenting noteworthy extra effort
- Providing outstanding contributions to the WSU community
- Other superior efforts in support of university strategic goals
- Nominees must be current and benefits eligible Washington State University staff, faculty, or administrative professional employees from any University work location
- Nominees may receive the award once every three years
- University affiliates are not eligible for this award
- To submit a nomination, click here
- Anyone can nominate; WSU faculty, staff, students, or community members
- Nominations will remain anonymous
- Winners are selected by the Crimson Spirit Award Committee
Previous Crimson Spirit Award Recipients
Crimson Spirit | Customer Service Initiative
To learn about the Crimson Spirit | Customer Service Initiative visit: hrs.wsu.edu/customer-service
Please contact Human Resource Services at 509-335-4521 or email@example.com.