In the midst of a pandemic and the myriad ways it has affected our daily lives, self care is more important than ever. Caring for others adds an additional layer of complexity, but caring for yourself continues to remain paramount.
Please use the following resources to help you on your self care journey. More information and resources can be found at the Wellcoug Employee Wellbeing page, COVID-19 Employee Information page, and HRS Disability Services page (leave options).
Contact HRS with additional requests or concerns at (509) 335-4521 or email@example.com.
“Self Care is not selfish. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.”
The WSU Employee Assistance Program can help with any number of stressors and concerns, including but not limited to the topics listed below. The EAP is primarily a referral service, but they also offer counseling services, legal and financial consultations, and a robust Work Life Resource webpage (Access code: WSU).
To learn more or access EAP services, visit the WA EAP webpage.
Caring for Self
Fitness & Nutrition
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- WSU Psychology Clinic
- Self Care Planning Guide: The Healing Trust
- Suicide Awareness and Prevention: EAP Resource Guide
- Now Matters Now: Skills and support for coping
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention Resources: EAP Webpage
- Apple Health Mental Health Services: Washington HCA
- Mental Health & Coping During COVID-19: CDC Webpage
- Mental Health & Wellness: for Kaiser Subscribers
Caring for Others
Resources & Support
- Afghanistan Crisis Resource Guide: EAP
- How To Talk – And Listen – To A Teen With Mental Health Struggles: NPR
- Anti-Asian/Pacific Islander Violence Resource Guide
- COVID-19 Resources for K-12 Parents & Caregivers
- Resuming School During COVID-19: Resource Guide
- Flexible scheduling options
- Lactation Guidelines; Find a lactation room
- Helping Older Adults After Disasters: SAMHSA Guide
- Agencies that Help: DSHS Aging and Long-Term Support Administration
- Helping an Older Relative Stay Connected: EAP Article
- Sandwich Generation: Caregivers in the Middle: EAP Article
- SeniorResource.com: Washington Senior Resources
- Administration for Community Living: Advancing independence, integration, and inclusion
- Family Caregiver Alliance: Resources, support groups, best practices for adult caregiving