The August 2023 issue of the HR Source newsletter is out now and it is our 100th issue! Reflect back on 100 issues of the HR Source newsletter, get ready for the Quarter Century Club breakfast, and find ways to observe Women’s Equality Day. Find reminders from the Benefits unit focused on National Wellness Month, get updates from the Modernization team, and explore a wealth of learning opportunities.
In the August 2023 issue you’ll find:
- Our 100th Issue! We’ve been bringing you 8 years’ worth of important higher education topics such as policy and law updates, best practices and insights, employee engagement, professional development opportunities, diversity and inclusion, departmental reminders and so much more. It has been our honor to inform and engage you over the years! If you’d like to take a trip down memory lane, please check out our very first issue published in March of 2015.
- You are invited to attend the 90th annual Quarter Century Club event in Pullman, WA. The event is open to the public and the celebration recognizes WSU employees who have reached the impressive milestone of 25 years of service. If you would like to attend, please register by Tuesday, September 19, 2023.
- June 4, 1919 marks a historic day in American history when the 19th amendment to the Constitution was passed, guaranteeing all American women the right to vote. To honor this day, the U.S. Congress designated August 26th as Women’s Equality Day. Read the HR Source newsletter to find ways to celebrate Women’s Equality Day, like:
- Modernization updates:
- Workday Feature Release Next Month: the next semi-annual Workday Feature Release takes place September 8-9, 2023. Visit the Feature Release Hub in the coming weeks for more updates.
- Registration is now live for the Elevating Cougs conference, which will be held virtually October 19 & 20, 2023. Learn more about the conference, register, and explore tracks and sessions on the Elevating Cougs website.
- Prepare for October Mass Salary Increase blackout dates. HRS will process a Mass Salary Increase for Administrative Professional and Faculty employees, effective October 1, 2023. Departments are encouraged to prepare for these blackout dates by reviewing the October 2023 HCM Mass Action Timelines and Options reference guide.
- We’ve created a new reference guide providing information about Time Entry Codes available to WSU employees on the Time Entry Calendar in Workday.
- Benefits reminders:
- August is National Wellness Month! This is a great time to identify your wellness priorities for the upcoming academic year, prepare to make changes, and set a rhythm before the semester starts.
- Be sure to visit the Wellcoug webpage often for updates, new offerings, and resources to help you care for yourself and others!
- Learning opportunities:
- Applications are now being accepted for the WSU Staff Mentoring Program through September 15, 2023!
- The Fall 2023 schedule is available for the WSU Supervisor Training Series and the Research Administration Series! Dates and times for the Community and Equity Certificate Program are coming soon.
- The detailed report for the 2023 Employee Engagement Survey is now available for review. Employee engagement surveys are essential tools for organizations to assess and understand the level of engagement and satisfaction among their employees, and we appreciate your interest in reviewing the data.
- Nominate for Crimson Spirit!
- Paydays on Monday, July 10, and Tuesday, July 25.