Job Posting Information
The recruitment period is defined as the time period between the commencement of advertising and the application deadline or application review begin date.
The following are recommended recruitment periods.
- National: 30 calendar days
- Northwest Region: 21 calendar days
- Statewide: 21 calendar days
- Local/Internal: 14 calendar days
- Positions must be posted for a minimum of 5 business days. (BPPM 60.18)
Job postings for Administrative Professional and Classified Staff positions are published to WSUJobs | www.wsujobs.com.
Additional job advertisements including any fees are the responsibility of the hiring department. HRS will review the recruitment plan and advertisement copy submitted through OPDRS as part of the job posting.
EEO/AA Underutilized Data
Washington State University (WSU) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Consistent with its Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy, WSU will make good faith efforts in outreach and recruitment to decrease under-representation of protected groups, in accordance with federal and state law.
AA goals and under-representation data is maintained by the university and may be used by the search committee to broaden recruitment efforts for those protected groups which may be under-represented in a particular job category. Visit the Office for Equal Opportunity’s website to see Underutilization/Goal Analysis Summaries.
Job Posting Resources and Examples
- Contracted Newspaper Vendors – negotiated by Purchasing Services
- Staff Advertisements | Examples of short and long advertisements
- Sample Print Advertisements | Examples of simple and detailed print advertisements
- Position Announcement | Sample invite to apply/position announcement document
- EO/AA/Diversity Statements | Required, recommended and example statements
- LinkedIn Job Postings | Paid LinkedIn Advertisements Instructions
Position Specific Resources
- Information Technology (IT) Positions
- Area Finance Officer (AFO)/Fiscal Positions
- Development Positions
Recruitment Toolkit – Contains information on recruitment processes and additional outreach tools