Welcome to Washington State University and congratulations on your new position! This page was created to assist newly hired employees with their benefits enrollment.
You will receive a packet from Human Resource Services (HRS) with the specific benefit booklets and enrollment forms you will be eligible for. This site contains general information that is applicable to the majority of our new employees, but may not meet all new employee scenarios. You may also access electronic booklets and enrollment forms through the Public Employment Benefits Board (PEBB) website, or you may bring a copy of your Personnel Action Form to HRS to obtain your benefits packet sooner. You may also visit the following link for the PEBB Benefits Enrollment Guide.
IMPORTANT: You must complete and return forms to HRS by the due date to receive coverage, or you will lose certain rights and options. Additionally, Valid Dependent Verification Documents are required if adding a spouse/state-registered domestic partner and/or children.
Listed below are the due dates and links to additional information on each benefit.
- Retirement – Fac/AP due within 30 days of hire; CS due within 90 days of hire
- Faculty and Administrative Professional Employees
- Civil Service, Bargaining Unit, and Hourly Employees
- Law Enforcement Officers and Firefighters
- Voluntary Investment Plans (VIP) – additional optional retirement benefit. No due date.
- Medical and Dental Insurance – 2017 Employee Enrollment/Change Form is due within 31 days of hire. To qualify for a Wellness Incentive, please see page 43 of the PEBB Benefits Enrollment Guide.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Eligibility – includes list of valid dependent verification documents
- Dependents with Disabilities and Extended Dependents
- Long Term Disability (LTD) – FORM due within 31 days of hire
- LTD – Optional Long Term Disability insurance is not available to seasonal employees who work a season that is less than nine months. These individuals are eligible for the Basic LTD.
- Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP) and/or Flexible Spending Account (FSA) – FORM due within 31 days of hire
- Life Insurance – FORM due within 31 days of hire
- New Employee Orientation Schedule
- New Employee Benefits Orientation Presentation
- Civil Service/Hourly Retirement Orientation Presentation
- Administrative Professional/Faculty Retirement Orientation Presentation
- Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB)
- HRS New Employee Resources
- Employee Handbooks and Personnel Policies