Washington State University!
Let’s Talk Benefits . . .
Washington State University offers a comprehensive benefits package, encompassing a sizable amount of our employees’ overall compensation package. Options to best fit our employees’ and their families needs are offered, and we are happy to extend these benefits to you!
Human Resource Services (HRS) sends personalized benefit packets to new employees within the first two weeks of benefit-eligible employment. This site contains general information that you can peruse now as you wait for your packet; it is applicable to the majority of our new employees, but may not address all individual benefit scenarios.
Electronic booklets and enrollment forms can be accessed through the Benefit Forms and Publications Website or the Public Employment Benefits Board (PEBB) website, including the primary benefit publication, the 2018 PEBB Enrollment Guide.
New Employee Orientations:
Visit HRS New Employee Resources to sign up for WSU’s in-person orientations. If you are unable to attend in person, or would like to review a topic again, please view our Online Orientation in the right hand column.
Forms must be completed and returned to HRS by the due date to receive preferred coverage; outside of the due date period, certain rights and options may be lost. Listed below are the due dates and links to additional information on the benefits offered through WSU.
- Retirement – Faculty/Administrative Professional due within 30 days of hire; Classified Staff due within 90 days of hire
- Faculty and Administrative Professional Employees
- Civil Service, Bargaining Unit, and Hourly Employees
- Law Enforcement Officers and Firefighters
- Voluntary Investment Plans (VIP) – additional optional retirement benefit. No due date.
- Medical and Dental Insurance – 2018 Employee Enrollment/Change Form is due within 31 days of hire.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Dependent Eligibility – includes list of valid dependent verification documents
- Dependents with Disabilities and Extended Dependents
- Long Term Disability (LTD) – FORM due within 31 days of hire
- LTD – Optional Long Term Disability insurance is not available to seasonal employees who work a season that is less than nine months. These individuals are eligible for the Basic LTD.
- Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP) and/or Flexible Spending Account (FSA) – FORM due within 31 days of hire
- Life Insurance – FORM due within 31 days of hire
- Other Benefits and Information – No associated due dates
- Bright Horizon’s Family Life Portal — Sitter City (in home caregivers) and Years Ahead (senior care providers)
- Liberty Mutual – Car, Home and Rental Insurances
- GET – Guaranteed Education Tuition
- MyWSU – A WSU account that allows you to review Benefit and Payroll Enrollment and Information. WSU Network Logon required.
- MyAccount – Once benefits are activated, create an account to review who you have enrolled on your Medical/Dental coverage, Surcharge Status, and to make certain Open Enrollment benefit changes.
Benefits Online Orientation:
View the orientation by clicking on one of the following topics.
2018 Benefit Overview: